Tuesday, September 14, 2010







The pictures aren't in order how they should be but in my first piece with only straight lines i would say the mood is content. Nothing in this piece is too dramatic or surprising yet there is an element of abstractness that can be pleasing to ones eye. In the second piece with the diagonal lines I would say that the mood is curious. This would be curious because the lines are more playful going in different directions yet they aren't going out of the comfort zone of being straight and still keep uniformity and a pattern. In the third piece, the curves, the mood would be flirty and maybe dangerous. These lines are going in different directions and have a point to them almost like they are creating danger yet with the elegance create a flirting feeling. The last piece I would say being a mixture of all forms of line, would be in fact including all emotions. This piece also being uniform and including patterns has an element of drama to it with such harsh points on the bottom and almost a feeling of suffocation yet freedom with the controversial wave/net.

The piece I was least pleased with was the curves. For the first reason being the cuts didn't come out so smoothly I felt the need to fix this up. Also I felt I could have taken care of the white space a little more carefully and I could have come up with a better more interesting design to define a more intense mood. In the new image I focused on adding more interesting intense figures that took up more space. I feel the mood here is mysterious.

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I like your fourth design I like all the angles you make using diagonal lines

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home