Monday, September 6, 2010

Bottleline





At first glass my drawing looks like it does not have a lot of energy but when you look deep into the image you can see that image is full of energy.  In the one line drawing the image has a lot of curvy wavy lines that give the audience a free flowing work of art to look at.  Yes the drawing has structure and a shape but inside the bottle no shape is the same because water has no definite shape.  In my horizontal drawing I feel like there is a lot of variety and energy because it reminds me of electricity.  The lines are not all the same distance apart and not the same length throughout the piece.  When I look at the image I try and figure out what the white space I created inside the bottle is.  Is it a fish, a dinosaur with a tale, or a trench?  This image has energy because the audience can interpret the image as to whatever it is. 

In my drawings I feel like the viewer’s eyes will jump around because nothing is boring in it.  I made some lines thicker to draw attention to certain parts in my piece.  By making some lines closer together or thicker it gives the drawing depth and draws the viewers eyes in.  It also makes the viewer wonder why some parts are darker and why its that way. 

I feel there is a fluid connection through my piece because the images look very simple and clean.  It is full of curved lines and the structured lines form flowing interesting white space in the picture.  I feel like my second image is more inspiring and clean because in my first design there were to many lines and in the second design I made the image less because sometimes less can be more beautiful than complex. By darkening some of the lines it made my design more detailed and with fewer lines it made it look elegant and the viewer would not get lost or overwhelmed with the design.  

Nick :)

1 Comments:

At September 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Kara G said...

the vertical,horizontal drawing is great ...it's almost as if there is another image within the bottle. truly lovely

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home