Thursday, September 9, 2010

My iPod


Final Drafts




















Rough Drafts
















Continuous Line: I think that my continuous line drawing has a lot of energy in the waves in the cord. I'm happy with how I was able to make the headphone cords look like sound waves. The energy that I put into this piece is reminiscent of music. I added thickness to many places to have more line variation. The places where the waves are thicker/bigger are the pulses in the music. At the second pulse in the cord, I find an invisible line that draws the eyes right to the headphones. The thematic sound waves create cohesion and unity in the piece. The continuity comes from how apparent it is that it's one line. In terms of proximity from line to line, I changed up the sizes of the gaps in between the sound waves.

Parallel lines: I think that the variety in my piece comes from the choice to do vertical lines. Looking at the part of the headphone cord that is horizontal, it gives it a really textured feeling because the lines are going perpendicular to that. I went back to this piece, too and added thickness in certain places to accent the shape I was trying to make, switching up the line variation. I used thick lines in certain places (like the bottom right iPod corner) to draw the eye away from the expected place and add in different shapes. The pattern remaining the same throughout the headphone cord I believe adds unity and continuity to the drawing. I changed the placement of the headphones a lot so that the heart is much more centered in the middle.

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I love your single line ipod its like so cool!!! like it really pops!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home