Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pine Cone Drawings

First Draft Vertical Line
First Draft Single Line
Final Single Line
Final Vertical Line


Both of my pieces have a variety of lines, giving them a good amount of energy.  The single line drawing (first draft) has one line with a bunch of different weights.  In the vertical line piece (first draft) my lines are different lengths and weights.

My parallel line drawing has many implied lines.  I used dashed lines to represent the petals of the pine cone.  The spaces between the petals are implied.  This allows the viewer's eye to jump across the space and pick up the line somewhere else.

Obviously, there is a fluid connection in the single line drawing, as it is completely continuous.  Not only is it one line, but the line unifies the piece because it has the same curvature throughout.  The parallel line piece is unified because all the lines are going the same way, and they tie together to make a bunch of tiny lines resemble a pine cone.


I tried to be a lot neater in my final drawings.  In the single line, I tried to show where the shadows were.  In the final vertical line drawing, I made the lines more even, and  tried to show the shadows more as well.

-Ashley Bernatchez

1 Comments:

At September 8, 2010 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I love your leaf...its so cool like in the vertical line drawing i like how you made the inner ones darker it like makes the drawing pop!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home