Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Squash Drawing



In general, I tried to focus on the weight and structure of the object through lines. I created abstract shapes to signify the highlights and shadows. In the first draft of the continuous line drawing, the organic shapes allow the eye to follow the line throughout, rather than going to one specific point. Likewise, the parallel line drawing can be viewed as a whole, but at a closer look, is actually multiple elements. Because of the amount of detail and layers, the observer does not look at the object as one unit, rather they follow the line(s) from beginning to end.

Although the rough draft causes the eye to follow the lines, the first draft is too consistent, I say that because the line weight does not vary. By illustrating line variation, the drawing will appear to be more complex and detail oriented.

However, I feel confident that my first draft does illustrate unity because of the organic shapes, and the basic look and feel of the object.

Lastly, I feel my first draft lacks proximity. For my revision, I tried to focus more on negative and positive space. My first draft was too tight and close together. By adding more positive space, it forms more abstract shapes. Likewise, I tried to separate the parallel lines so it would be more clear and not as "sketchy" looking.

1 Comments:

At September 8, 2010 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home