Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Horses

Rough drafts /\ /\
Final Draft \/ \/
Continuous Line Drawing:
When drawing the continuous line drawing I felt that my first drawing had a lot less energy, comparative to my final draft. My first draft was extremely plain and consisted of the same line thickness throughout. In my final draft, the drawing shows a variation of line thickness and a more intricate line design. In the final draft I was happy that I improved my design and was impressed at the flow of the line. I feel the flow of my continuous line captured the hair of the horse perfectly, as opposed to the rough draft. Also in the final I feel the thickness of line change draws the viewer to the hoofs.

Broken line drawing: In the broken line drawing, I feel that the variety in my piece stems from my decision in using vertical liens. Looking at the tail of the horse, the thickness of my lines change to show the shades of color in the horses tail. It gives the tail a textured look to it, simply by changing the thickness in my lines. When looking at this drawing I definietly feel that there is continuity throughout, but at times some of my lines look a little more jaggy.

Tim Thompson



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home