Tuesday, September 14, 2010

4 Lines

First 4 Pieces

Piece 1


Piece 2


Piece 3


Piece 4

        In my four pieces I feel like my first drawing is different from the other three.  In the first one it has a similar pattern seen in the piece and show rectangles everywhere.  In my other three pieces I feel like they are more free and random.  In my first piece I feel the mood is imprisoned or like feeling trapped.  In my second piece I feel the mood is freedom or easy going.  In my third piece I feel like my mood was anger and not caring.  What I mean by not caring is willing to take chances and making things not look the same.  It reminds me of shattered glass.  In my fourth piece I feel like its chaos mixed with happiness. 
            

      I feel my third piece is my weakest because it doesn’t express what I really want it to express, which was anger and confusion when I made it.  I like the piece but I feel that I could make it more intense and make it look less like broken glass and into a piece that makes a person want to look at it and wonder how it was made.  When revising the piece I like how it was a broken picture so I decided to make the appearance the same way but put a border around the piece to enclose it.  By doing this it would make the eyes focus in on the white spaces created.  I then decided to make the oddly shape in the bottom right hand corner like a crazy mind blower because when I made the original piece I was confused and a bit angry.  I then decided to make the shape in the top left corner, which is the opposite of the shape I first made.  So I decided to make this one less intense but an in between to balance out the piece.  I then made the other shapes look like broken glass to show chaos and anger.  

Revised Piece

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Jazione said...

Nick, these look terrific... you are a work-horse

 
At September 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Nick said...

hahaha i was in the mood to do it! and i guess being in an angry mood made me like not be a perfectionist hahha and i surprisingly like them alot more!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home