Friday, September 17, 2010

Four Types of Lines





I did not intentionally try to illustrate my emotions when I created these pieces. However, looking back, I do think they display my moods. For my first composition, I was especially paying close attention to detail. Because it was the second week of school, I was stressed with the overwhelming workload. I think my first piece looks as if it is stressed to fit together. Likewise, my second piece is extremely clean, yet simple. I tried to loosen up and make it less busy and detail oriented.

However, for my last two pieces, I had a hard time with the organic elements because it involved more freedom. That is why I feel my last two pieces are my weakest because they do not flow as much as my first two. As a result, I revised my organic piece and try to focus more on proportion and size. I made the elements much larger so I could have more control of the piece. I wanted to add mood to the composition and hope it displays a peaceful, at ease emotion.

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I love your straight line one so much...it reminds me of a mario game or like an office building!!!! I also enjoy your diagonal line one i feel like it shows depth like where the focal point is it draws the eye in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home