Monday, September 20, 2010

Black and White Lines Project





The pictures are in reverse order: The first is my re-vision (one of each line type), the second is one of each line type, the third is all curved lines, the fourth is all diagonal lines, and the fourth is all vertical and horizontal lines.

The moods of my original four pieces differed. The straight edged one seemed restricted and reminded me of a film strip. The diagonal one seems broken and disjointed. The curved line piece feels passive and mellow. The piece with all types of lines looks chaotic and musical.

I picked the piece with all the types of lines to re-visit because I felt it was the weakest. It was the piece in which I let myself have the least amount of freedom. I came up with a theme (music, piano, keyboard, etc) and found myself feeling trapped within that theme. That's the main reason I love my re-vision so much. It was a way for me to take that theme that I came up with (which I still think is really interesting) and making it feel as though it has more dimensions. I think I did a good job creating a near-far relationship in my re-vision. I was able to keep the theme that I loved so much from my first attempt and add in another symbol to give it depth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home