Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Four types of lines


Mood: Formal-- "Do you SEE what I SEE?"


Mood: Calm


Mood: None



Mood: Angry


Revision of 3

In my first composition, I detect a formal mood. It feels like a computer. In my second composition, I detect a calm mood. To me, the composition looks like a flower in the meadow. In my third composition, I do not detect a mood, and in my fourth composition, I detect an angry mood. The curved lines look like a claw, creating an angry mood to me.

I think my third composition is the weakest because it is very simple and does not have a distinct mood. I took the curves of the 3rd composition to create a near/far exaggerated grouping. This created an anxious mood but still felt contained. (the figure on the left) I made the bottom very large and the top smaller to create a near/far feeling. The second grouping was the near grouping. Because of the squiggly piece of paper, it creates a calm mood while being fractured. (the group on the right)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home