Wednesday, April 4, 2012

LGrella's Blog Entry 1-Contour and Broken Line Drawings

Contour Line Key

       The drawing below is a contour line drawing of my house key. I worked
a lot with line variation to emphasize the grooves in the key as well as the 
shadow the grooves created. When I first, started working on it, I did not look
at the continuity. It was just one long, and curvy line. Adding the depth made the
key look that much more realistic. When looking at the continuity of the piece, the lines, 
to me anyway flow very nicely and follow the shape of the key.  Unfortunately I did not 
follow all of the directions and the drawing it self has little motion behind it.



Broken Line Key

This drawing is also of my house key but I used broken lines to depict it.
There were two ways I could have drawn the key out. In my first draft, I just made
an outline of the key using short lines and then I filled in just the dark spaces and grooves in the key. 
I was not happy with it so I decide to draw the whole key out and then make the lines close together as well as darker to make the grooves stand out and give the key depth. I followed directions in this piece and put the key on and angle to look like I dropped it and it is falling through space and time (something I do frequently). The proximity of the lines in this piece really accentuates the different sections of the key. they are spaced further a part to indicate the flat surfaces and darker and closer together to indicate the grooves in the key.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home