Monday, February 27, 2012

Line Splice...Brett Uttley

Spiraling out of control (Revised)
I felt that this piece was my weakest one because  I felt as though I did not activate the near/far relationship as well as I could have. Although some of the piece established the near/far relationship, the entire piece as a whole did not. In particular, I thought I did a great job with the spiraling effect in the center of the piece, but the surrounding space was not as strong as I would have liked. In addition, I felt that the corners of the piece were not engaging, and I wanted to try to address that particular issue in a revision. 

All signs point east. Or do they point west?

Relaxation. Bird Style. 

Sadness 
Revision
Throughout the four pieces, I found that each one had their own distinct mood. I personally like the fact that each piece has its own mood because it brings a sense of diversity to the overall project. With regards to my revision, I feel as though I activated two distinct moods. There is a calming effect in addition to a chaotic effect with the small black lines arranged close together. The longer black and white lines are calm in the sense that they are pleasing for the eye to follow, but when the eye comes to the small black lines, the eye does not know which way to observe the particular section. The calming lines also active the corners in a soothing way which is something I wanted to revise from my first piece. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home