Wednesday, March 21, 2012

(Please keep in mind that all these pieces are meant to be vertical. I could not figure out how to turn them)



I feel as though this design interprets a feeling of anxiety due to the harshness of the shapes due to the points.  The pointed edges give a feeling of uneasiness.

I find that this piece has potential to express a feeling of calmness.  Due to the balance of the straight lines and squares, I feel as though it gives a feeling of balance and "homey-ness".  Although I did not purposely make it look as though it is a fireplace, after creating it I saw the resemblance.  Maybe that's why it feels like home?

This creation makes me feel excited, as though leaving for summer break.  The swirls and curved features remind me of the ocean and sun, thus giving me a relaxed but happy and excited feeling resembling my anticipation for the upcoming season.


This piece I find does not particularly show as much strength as the others I have created.  Although I like the design, for the purpose of this project I do not feel it exemplifies the balance and tactics that are meant for the assignment.  While I used all varieties of shapes and angles required, I feel that it could have much stronger value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home