Saturday, February 18, 2012

DSC: Melissa's Line Spice


Broken
(straight)


Bold
(diagonal)


Freeing
(combination)


Aquatic
(curved)


Revision

The piece I chose to revise was my composition of curved lines. Although I think I used the space well, it ended up being more shapes than actual lines and has no sense of proportion or depth. To create a near-far relationship in my revision, I used large, smooth lines at the bottom that are calming, and small, jagged, clustered lines at the top, which I think create awkward shapes (both black and white) and cause tension. Although I think I was successful in completing the assignment requirements, I had trouble putting both parts together and I think the overall composition could be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home