Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Monochromatic Masterpiece

Original 

Values Inverted in Photoshop

The advantage to a wide value range would allow you to show more shadows and allow you to get more depth in an image.  The advantages for a narrow value range is that you can create a simpler image that looks just as good as an image with alot of values.  Usually the simpler the better.  Why? Well when an image is simple, the overall effect is classier and cleaner.  When I inverted my image I thought I would get darker colors but to my surprise I got lighter colors and got my image to look like a ghost!  If I had to choose I like my original image.  My only thoughts on my image is that I feel that I should have taken out the shadow on her cheek on her left cheek because her face looks darker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home