Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Five Abstract Object Harmony

Leaf in Village

Object Distortion


I never took a picture of my boxes but I had two black boxes and two gray boxes and then a skinny white box in the center of the paper. I was deciding between a lightbulb and a leaf at the beginning, but decided to do the leaf because I felt it was more interesting and would stay away from being to cliche (lightbulb = design thinking). The top image is the leaf I found in Village and the second image is my final result. I first designed the leaf on the bottom right hand corner.  To get the detail of the leaf but also keep it simple I made black lines.  I then made the two leaf distortion on the bottom left gray rectangle.  I wanted the outlines of the black to create the leaf.  I  then made the top left leaf in the black rectangle.  To keep balance I decided to use gray because I felt white was so strong on the black that my starting leaf was strong enough to balance white in the final outcome.  I then made the middle white rectangle leaf.  I got the idea from Prof Buening to make the leaf look like its bending or folding in a DNA strand look.  I then finished this piece by making the top right leaf.  This one I tried to make the background make the image like in the last project (making paths and finding balance between white and black). 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home