Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monochromatic Masterpiece



The advantage of having a wide value of range is that it allows your design to have more depth. For example, the more values you have to work with, the more freedom you have; however, if your limited to a narrow value range, you do not have this freedom. The advantages of having a narrow value range allows for a bolder, more focused image. I think my design works best with a wide value of range because there are many components to this piece such as the trees in the back, the people and the two people which appear closest. I think a wider value of range allows this particular design to view different parts from different distances. I think if my values were inverted, the images that appear to be in the background will no longer appear that way. I think it would look like all the elements are being viewed closer together whereas the current values allow you to see what is up close and what is in the distance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home