Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Monochromatic Masterpiece


The advantage of a wide value range is most definitely the use of depth. By having a scale of different values, the painting can become more complex and realistic, illustrating the range of highlights and shadows. However, if there is a narrow value range, it would be more difficult to portray detail. Because this masterpiece is so complex, a narrow range would not benefit the painting. In my design, I personally like a wide range of values for the purpose of perspective. It distinguishes the foreground from the background and highlights the detail. If I inverted my values in my painting, the painting would be very light and not as much as a strong contrast. It would look rather washed out as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home